I'm Sarah, a consulting maven, entrepreneur, and an obsessive observer of all things, dedicated to discovering opportunities to make your business thrive and achieve your business goals.
I have 11+ years of experience in retail and wholesale, working at Fortune 500 companies including Kohl’s Department Stores and Harley Davidson and Fortune 1000 company The Bon-Ton Department Store. I've had the opportunity to accomplish quite a bit in my career. Here are a few highlights...
- Managed $100+ million dollar business strategizing multiple brands, product lines, and regional buys for 1100+ stores.
Developed global strategies, forecasts, product assortments, and pricing strategies for men’s and women’s apparel, accessories, and footwear.
Managed brands ranging from traditional to contemporary including Kohl’s megabrands Croft & Barrow, Sonoma and Apt 9 and launched new global brands, rebrands, and licensing partnerships like Harley-Davidson x Stance.
Partnered with hundreds of vendors and licensees developing strategies that leverage strengths and product offerings to create win/win business opportunities.
- Studied the market and consumer by performing competitive market and sales analysis to identify new market opportunities that have delivered double digit increases in sales and profitability.
Strategized, planned, created, licensed, bought, and launched a lot of exciting merchandise for YOU.
What makes partnering with me different?
You can't grow until you're in the know
- I take pride in staying current with global trends, current events, pop-culture, and so on, because LITERALLY anything can influence the retail industry at a moment’s notice. Getting results requires a deep understanding of the conditions and environment surrounding your business or product – from the economy and technology, to fads and social movements.
The conditions and environment surrounding today’s challenges in retail are complex. The context matters as much as the solution in developing your strategy because, even if you think you’ve solved a specific problem, the context endures.
EVOLVING WITH THE MARKET & THE CUSTOMER
- Stale ideas & strategies won’t cut it anymore. Timing is everything in today’s dynamically changing retail world, and the customer isn’t going to wait for you to catch up – so we’re left with the choice of growing, or getting left behind.
To evolve with the market, I vigorously invest in staying current through learning about anything and everything that can impact the customer – news, mergers, technology, modern strategies, social trends, and more.
A Professional & personal partner
- I don’t waste time on small talk. I’m more interested in building a strong authentic relationship with you – through listening, engaging, and collaborating – and growing your business. My eclectic background ranges from delivering corporate strategies to CEO’s and VP’s of fortune 500 companies, to developing start-up business strategies with retail entrepreneurs at Starbucks – and everything in between.
Cookie-cutter solutions won’t work because your business is unique – your brand, product, team, and goals. You need a partner that can quickly learn your business and understand your needs. I'm can relate because I've been in your shoes before and will provide you with direct solutions, guidance, and feedback.
Expertise + Intuition = Customized Solutions
- Retail isn’t a controlled experiment in a science lab nor is it the creative vision of design renderings splayed all over a studio floor. Instead, it’s a unique blend of art & science – and while technical-minded people tend to struggle with thinking conceptually (and vice versa), I balance them both. I refer to my thinking style as artistic analysis.
Retail isn’t “black and white”, and neither is my approach to identifying product trends and developing strategies. Profitable solutions to your retail challenges require expertise in foundational retail practices and the ability to quickly breakdown vast amounts of data, combined with an intuition for trends, an understanding of your customers, and the direction of the retail environment.
I would love to hear from you and see how I can provide a new and fresh approach to your business, bring your business’ vision to life, or simply chat about what is going on with your business in today’s industry.